Old 10-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #3591
MRF582
Scooby Guru

Member#: 48219
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
. Always drive
the race line .

Thanks Adam. I just felt like being a dick plus I don't like the **** that Phil likes to talk on the stock ECU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgenius View Post
In Toms case, i may be wrong, but Phil developed his procedure after Toms new motor was put together. If Tom skipped it, or Phil knew all this and didnt mention it then that would be a different story.

Phil says it adds maybe 600 if a new motor from him, or 2200+ if a redo. Ask me how i know. Either way, it sucks but im glad i know now, instead of loosing a whole motor.
If you bought a complete engine from Element brand new, you should not have to pay for an error that's not your fault. If Element is selling 800whp capable motors, then they should be 800whp capable... This is not too difficult to understand.

If I spent $7000 of my hard earned money for someone else to build an engine (not that I ever would let anyone else build an engine for me) that is supposed to be 800whp capable but they ended up shipping me an engine that is only 350whp capable, you better believe that I would be sending that engine right the hell back for a full refund! They can they choose to disassemble that engine and reinforce it to bring it up to 800whp levels and ship it back to me but I will not be paying a single dime for their screw up!

And this whole business about, 'oh I'm sorry, I didn't know that at the time' is not a legitimate excuse.

If Element sourced the blocks themselves and built it into a complete engine, any recall work is all on them. Period.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MRF582 is offline   Reply With Quote