Old 10-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #13
Mulder
Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 RAV4 MT
15 WRX/11 CRZ

HPDE and auto-x are the infamous "driver mods" that we have so often referred to and recommended here when n00bs ask "what is the first mod I should to do my car?" Unfortunately they usually don't take this advice and instead spend the same amount that an HPDE would cost to bolt on some power-adders.
The "driver mod" is actually far more cost effective than any go-fast parts because it remains with you regardless of what car you are driving.
Sadly with regard to the accident in question here, the main factor seems to have been poor decision-making by both the driver and his parents. You can't necessarily fault a 17-year-old for making bad decisions, that's part of the job description of "teenager". However you can certainly fault the parents for making it possible.
Even if this kid had shown up to an HPDE (Mike correct me if I'm wrong here), he wouldn't have been able to participate being underage and unlicensed. Perhaps he could have gotten a ride-along with parental consent?
Maybe the STI should be one of those cars that comes with a complimentary track session, but there are so many cars readily available these days with similar power at relatively affordable prices.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote