Scooby Guru

Member#: 1026
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
'00 RS/WRX Stg5
'98 RS Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
Has the noise occured only after the install of the SPEC clutch or were other things changed at the same time?

I have not heard any good talk about SPEC clutches once they started getting around.

So, maybe the clutch install had an issue?
Are you sure you tightened everything down properly?
Yes, and yes, 2 halfshafts where also replaced AND today, first thing I find this...

Yes, the diff is CherryBlossom Red get over it now.. (not to mention the entire drivetrain)

I'm not sure about the SPEC either.. I'm kinda in a money crunch and it was the economic choice right now... last fall I tried an Exedy stock replacement, just not quite enough... was slipping in the top of 4-5th...

I performed the install, I do pretty good work, confirmed torque specs with 2 different torque wrenches (one an inch pound wrench for the 11ft/lbs of the PP) Had the FW properly resurfaced, coming up over minimum thickness (even after the 2nd cut, the first being a ****ty lathe cut)

I DID have a rather hard time this time getting the trans back IN... I'm concerned about the pilot bearing... IF the new halfshafts don't fix the issue, I'm GOING to have to pull the dam thing AGAIN and check...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Aaron'z 2.5RS is offline   Reply With Quote