Old 01-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #23
Maxwell Power
Former Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (16)

Member#: 190729
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyJD View Post
Correct me me if I am wrong but I have been told my numerous people that sleeving will not be as strong or reliable as a untouch 2.5 liter?

Oh, and which billet cranks are you guys using?
Ok. They're wrong.

Factory sleeves even in untouched motors fail all the time (complete failure or even lots of small cracks). The issue with sleeves is that so many people install them improperly which results in sleeves dropping and many blown headgaskets. We stopped doing sleeved blocks for a year because we couldn't find a shop that could install them properly, until now.

The cranks are...well.... we get them from the same company as a few other vendors do with their name on them. They are the same as the K1 crank if you need a reference. We don't part mark them like the competitors because it's pointless in my opinion. The crank is going to be hidden in the engine and nobody is going to see it anyway. Might as well save money and not waste time doing it.

You don't have to buy these blocks in sleeved form. We offer them in new cases, but they don't have as high of a hp limit because the factory sleeves are so weak and thin.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][COLOR=black]Hydra, AEM, COBB, Open Source, JE, Tial, Crower, Garrett, ARP, ATP, Racing Brake, Ferrea, Perrin,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]