View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 10:17 PM   #12
Mechie3
Scooby Guru

Member#: 120152
Chapter/Region: MWSOC

I'm pretty sure my comment above about trying to create the sense of the Pacifica as upscale and the Voyager as the affordable alternative was spot on. Maybe car enthusiasts like us on a car forum can tell the difference, but the average person can't.

This article was posted on the Pacifica facebook group I'm in with the headline "2020 Chrysler Pacifica Will Cost $6,510 More Than Voyager". https://www.motor1.com/news/363785/2...ica-cost-6510/

That article itself states it's not really a fair comparison since a 2020 entry level voyager is the same as a entry level 2019 pacifica, and a 2020 entry level pacifica is the 3rd level up 2019 pacifica.

These were the comments (from current Pacifica owners):
"The body looks identical to the Pacifica!"

"Voyager is much less of a vehicle though...it's a great cheap alternative from what I've seen of the specs...I'll keep my pacifica" (this then had multiple replies of, it's stripped down, smaller radiator and alternator with no tow package, even though they're the same they just get upsized if you get a tow package)

"Not as many options, plain mini van"

"I wonder if it will have as many recalls as the Pacifica"

"The pacifica not even fully loaded was $50k, I can't imagine a full loaded [sic] and the $6k on top of that" (there is no money added to the pacifica! They simply just changed what the base model was).

And that......is why this will work. lol People are either too dumb to read or read and still don't get it. According to the masses, the Voyager is an all new vehicle, that looks the same, is cheaper qualitywise, but hopefully has fewer recalls, and the pacifica is now even more upscale.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Mechie3 is offline   Reply With Quote