Scooby Newbie

Member#: 337836
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Aspen White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Feal View Post
I think there is a bit of misinformation as to what digressive valving does. Digression means the shock is firmer at low shocks speeds (cornering, standard street driving) and softens up at high shock speeds (pothole, curbing, etc.). A slight bit of digression is easy to live with on a day to day basis but the more digressive the shock the firmer the ride around town is going to be, which does not equal a comfortable ride.

As far as independent high/low speed compression damping adjustment, only a 3 way shock is going to offer that feature, and that is well outside the street car price range for most people. I can only think of one company that even offers high/low speed rebound adjustment (and those shocks are over $10k for the set). Independent adjustment is not in the realm of street cars. Proper valving and broad range adjusters that actually open and close the jetting properly are much more important.

Right, when you look at a shock dyno you will have two different slopes for high speed and low speed, which is what I said. We are talking about the same thing, I just didn't elaborate very much.

I agree with everything you say here, which going back to what the OP is saying, he thinks he is going to make his WRX more comfortable by installing $1200 coilovers.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
shagfagon is offline   Reply With Quote