Scooby Newbie

Member#: 337836
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Aspen White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Feal View Post
The shaft speed is on the axis and not represented as a slope. The 2 axis represent velocity and force and the slope is a mapped out visual representation of the force produced at a certain shock speed. I have a feeling you are referring to the "knee" which is determined by piston design. Ours (along with quite a few other brands in our price range) have a knee at 1 in/sec (very, very low shaft speed) which is determined by piston flow and bleed. Essentially the knee is how the shock performs before the valving is engaged.

You're right, cheap coilovers are not going to be more comfortable than stock. However, 441's are $1285 and have a ride quality similar to OE. There are quite a few reviews on NASIOC attesting to the ride quality and overall positive word of mouth.
I guess I am bad at articulating what i mean with my words. I am aware that the shaft speed isn't represented by a "slope". I know how to read a 2 axis plot lol. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but a non digressive shock wouldn't have that "knee" which is, a change in slope, afterall.

I literally have Feal coilovers on my autocross car, and while they are great entry level coilovers (you guys have fantastic customer service and make a quality product at the price point), I wouldn't throw them on an otherwise stock daily in CT if my main goal was comfort, which is explicitly what the OP states. The application just doesn't make sense.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
shagfagon is offline   Reply With Quote