Scooby Newbie

Member#: 474796
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesone View Post
So you recently was having my car tuned and while on the dyno a seal blew or a head. Black smoke came out of the exhaust (passenger side). So all mods were put back to stock and my question is will they be able to see that it was modded before from the ecu?? It has been flashed back to normal with AP V3 but did die trying to get it home. Which it was towed to my house. Iím trying to get info as to what to be aware of. Iím under 60k so the power train is covered but Iím sketchy on the ecu part... please advise!!!
first; this is in the wrong section.

second; yes they can tell as I believe the ignition count resets to 0 when you flash the ECU. It's also the first thing they will check being that it's an engine failure.

third; even if they somehow miss that it was flashed, any competent tech can tell when bolts are removed/replaced for the most common mods. they'll see the nicks from the socket, or if you put new ones on, they'll see that they're too new for the age of the car.

bring it in, and see what happens; don't offer anymore information than they ask you.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
PizzaBoyX is offline   Reply With Quote