View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 03:01 AM   #9
JT99
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 177036
Vehicle:
2003 WRX wagon
White

Set the new turbo on the engine to test fit, as I wasn't sure the correct configuration of the oil supply line. I had bought a braided hose kit. Turns out the turbo came with a braided oil line, even though it didn't specify one came with it. (Guess what I'll be posting for sale soon...)

I was not sure how to run the vac hose from the wastegate actuator. The supplied hose was short like the stock one.

However, on the SteamSpeed, the nipple on the wastegate actuator points the other direction, so you either need a much longer hose or you need to take apart the wastegate actuator and turn the nipple the opposite direction...which I assume is possible. I didn't want to take anything apart on the new turbo, mainly for added peace of mind. So, I'll just go buy a longer vac line and route it like the pic below from the Project Domino build SteamSpeed did.

This is my first aftermarket turbo. I assume a bigger inlet is common, but there's no way I could get the stock turbo inlet tube to fit on there. And the STX is their "entry level" turbo, which I assumed would bolt up to a stock turbo inlet tube if someone wanted, but maybe not, so be aware of that. I have no idea how other brands of turbos compare in inlet diameter size.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by JT99; 01-26-2019 at 06:52 PM.
JT99 is offline   Reply With Quote