View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 09:34 PM   #53
NighthawkSTI
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 495630

Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
We will have to wait and see how it does on a tight technical track (which VIR is not). From a track perspective even at $57k the S209 will get completely destroyed by many other cars. It's cool that Subaru is building it and people like you are willing to buy it. I just don't see the value. I would rather have a 2019/2020 STIand a huge pile of money leftover for a dedicated track car.
Its 10 seconds faster than the current base gen STI that was last tested....that is way beyond what the Focus RS has put over the STI before in any track test and way more than the Civic Type R....so I dont know that any track is going to be able to make up that difference. As for getting completely destroyed by other brand new 2019 cars in the 57,000 range, we'll have to wait and see. Also dont forget this thing is seriously detuned from the factory by keeping the 2 cat downpipe, and this car already comes with mods way beyond stage 2...a 800-1100 downpipe and tune will probably put it at or maybe even over 400 horsepower. I mean who puts a built block bigger turbo bigger injectors and pump and intake mods and keeps the stock downpipe? No one. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about that and how much horsepower is being corked up.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
NighthawkSTI is offline   Reply With Quote