View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 08:50 PM   #65
hadvw
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 151958

Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
First of all nobody pays MSRP on an ATS-V. If you shop smart you can find them for well $5-10K off MSRP without any issues. Sometimes more. And CPO ones too. Second of all a stage 1 ATS-V can make 600hp. Probably looking at $2K with parts and a tune. It's a relevant once you start modding cars. $60K range gets you a used GTR too if you need AWD with a backseat.
Sure, all valid points. Except - GTR doesn't have 4 doors, and ATS-V might as well be a Camaro - rear seats are unusable.

While the interior is a significant step down in the STI, I would say it's really more an S4 / C43 / 340xi competitor. Now, IMHO, none of those are feasible as something you can own / mod out of warranty unless you're flush with cash, but as a straight non-modified lease, those are nicer cars, but it might cost a decent amount more as well. I also don't know how the STI compares to S4 / C43 / 340xi on the track, but I'll bet it holds its own. In fact, 340xi/C43 probably have less rear legroom as well. S4 is ok.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
hadvw is offline   Reply With Quote