SprinterWRX2018
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 477013
Vehicle:
2019 STI Limited
Ice Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018STi View Post
I have the Corsa catback w/ black tips on my 2018 STI, after trying 4 systems this was the only one that did not drone and provided the OEM+ tone I wanted. Visually, I don't love it but this seemed a worthy sacrifice given the misery of the others I tried. The drone of other systems dominated the driving experience and was all I could focus on. I have had the system for nearly 3 years and will be taking it off next month when I turn my lease in... up for grabs here in SoCal if interested.
What were the four other exhaust systems you had before?
I just put on a Cobb stainless steel cat on a 2019 STI with no other mods. I am very shocked at how much it drones from about 1500 RPMs up until 3000. After reading all the reviews and hearing sound Clips online the conclusion was that this exhaust was on the quieter side. I did use the blue upgraded urethane exhaust hangers. I wonder if I should go back to the stock rubber exhaust hangers in hopes it will absorb some of the Drone. Wishful thinking I guess. The sound is nice I just did not expect so much noise on the inside of the car
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SprinterWRX2018 is offline   Reply With Quote