View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 11:08 PM   #4
Mul
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 156171
Vehicle:
2005 FXT RWD

The car sat low and I had to run a adapter spacer to go from the Nissan 5x114.3 to 5x100. It was back on the ground though!
I continued tinkering with things like parking brake, ride height, exhaust and so on hoping the driveshaft would come in before the drift event I wanted to make it to happened.

AND it did! On the Thursday before the event. And it rubbed on the body of the car. I made some room with the hammer and took it for its first test drive. Did a few burn outs and loaded it on the trailer to leave the next day and attempt to drift it.

Made it to the event late on Friday eager to try the car out on Saturday, spun out immediately and this happened on the first run.....

Spent the better part of the day fixing the car to try again but there were still problems, the axle was pulling itself apart and the car was down on power making it even harder to get sideways. Still some photographers made it look good.

After getting back home I looked into fixing my axle problem, I found a Gktech product designed to help s chassis cars that were really low with a similar problem they space the outer axle stub in from the hub to shorten the overall travel and keep the cv joint together.
Those along with a spacer I had the local machine shop make up to use on the inside and it seemed like the problem was solved. Oh and the power loss was from my blown out up pipe gasket an easy fix!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Mul is offline   Reply With Quote