View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 11:09 PM   #6
Mul
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 156171
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rochester NY
Vehicle:
2005 FXT RWD

Default

The car survived a 2.5 hour drive some novice drifting and the trip home!
I was super happy about the whole result and even killed a set of tires. Some of the adjustments I had made to the suspension seemed to have helped as well, just needed more seat time.

I signed up for a 1 day event in another month and kept driving the car every few days, changed the front caster settings and added some steering rack spacers to try to get a bit more steering angle.

This time we loaded the car on the trailer for the event, I got lots of seat time there were only a few other cars.


The track layout was a long straight into the first turn so I was getting all the way into 3rd, made a lot of laps throughout the morning and early afternoon until this happened:

^sorry the quality was not great

I was back to having the same problems with axles specifically the drivers side one. The car sat for a while as I tried to decide how to fix the issue. I didn't really want to spend 1,000 plus for a R200 rear subframe and I really like to do things myself if I have the means.

I pulled the whole rear subframe out, began making measurements and building a jig to make a tubular rear frame that would better hold the r200 in the correct place.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Mul; 04-09-2021 at 08:21 AM.
Mul is offline   Reply With Quote