Scooby Newbie

Member#: 528403
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
22' Clad-RX
17' F250 Diesel, 18' Q5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
EV's are significantly cheaper to maintain. Aside from the battery most of the items that will need any type of repair or replacing are standard suspension, brakes, and other normal components like head units, etc.

Also you do realize in CA the warranty on any EV battery is 10 years or 150K miles. Tesla, for example, already offers an 8 year 150K warranty on the higher trim vehicles while the Model 3 and Y (LR and Performance) offer 8 years 120K miles. If the battery is going to fail it will likely do so well before your warranty is up.

For people who are really worried there are also third party warranties.

There is a lot of misinformation about EV's out there. I hear it all the time from friends and family (one family member told me he heard if more than 2 Tesla vehicles try to charge their cars on a Level 2 charger on the same block, the entire neighborhood will lose power). I am not sure what is driving all these strange rumors and myths but it's weird how so much of our society falls for conspiracy theories and myths now because they read it on the Internet or Alex Jones told them.
So essentially, every Californian will be paying for everyone else's batteries regardless of choice because of the set Tax-coding and incentives provided by the state and federal govt's to the car companies (Via your paycheck money). So more tax, less in your paycheck to decide how YOU want to spend your money -> Lower standard of living due to all of the other Tax Welfare programs. And you sitting there at a charge station in line while it takes 30min to get a charge. So 3 cars ahead of you 1hr 30. "The Govt will make more charging stations by giving the companies money" - Right, theyre giving them Your Money. So essentially, The common person who doesn't have an EV yet is already paying for other people to charge. That sounds super fantastic
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Russ_G93; 08-05-2022 at 01:32 PM.
Russ_G93 is offline   Reply With Quote