Old 10-17-2020, 07:47 PM   #1
Blob05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 516808
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza wrx
Silver

Cool Wagon Nation Chat

Just wanted to have an open ended conversation about current mods ya***8217;ll are in the process of or recommend doing. I***8217;m 3 months into my first Subaru, an 05 wrx wagon, and couldn***8217;t be happier.

Bought it totally stock at roughly 120xxx miles. Since then its received:
Kartboy short shifter
Catted TBE
Grimmspeed Uppipe
Access port with stage II ots

Things I need to do immediately is:
Get a snowboard wrack (any recommendations?)
Fix cv boots, both sides of the front are shot and likely will just get remanf axles for it
Flush coolant
Investigate a possible rear diff leak

Longer term (within 6 months)
Clutch replacement. Releases pretty high and just hoping it***8217;ll make it through the winter.
Wheels and tires
Window tint (darker)

Any other recommended items to check on for maintenance or performance upgrades etc. feel free to chime in. Again I***8217;m new not only to owning a Subaru (loved them for decades tho) and my knowledge with working on vehicles is honestly mediocre at best.

Would love to hear from you guys what you***8217;re working on or looking forward to purchasing. Any pictures, concerns ideas etc.
ALSO friend told me there used to be a location specific forum. I live in Northern Nevada and would love to meet up here and there to see some of your cars in person. Get some ideas from ya***8217;ll and just share the mutual passion for these epic cars.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Blob05; 10-17-2020 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Forgot to add
Blob05 is offline   Reply With Quote