VF34RX
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 163886
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
PSM

A couple weeks i had some horrible noise coming from first gear and when i pulled the trans i found this.

Quote:
"The drive gear on the main shaft for first gear has two broken teeth and the rest are stress cracked. BUT..... the driven gear is unscathed. Also there were no signs of metal shaving in the fluid so my bearings and all that may still be salvageable.

Now with this being a RA gearset i couldn't just go swapping cheap stock parts. So i made a call to rallispec. They were very helpful and sent me to IAPerformance. Now this is where the story gets good. They were literally the only vendor in america that had a RA gearset and were willing to split a set so i could just purchase the input shaft. I can not give enough thank yous for them doing this. It was going to be 4-6 weeks to get a new shaft from japan and all he wanted was enough money to cover getting a new shaft to replace the one i purchased. Now my transmission is assembled by a local subaru dealership and sitting in my garage waiting to be put back in.

Absolutely amazing customer service. I will definitely keep them in mind for future purchases/problems even being in Missouri.

Thanks again
-John-
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
VF34RX is offline   Reply With Quote