Scooby Guru

Member#: 338329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedcoco View Post
Win win for everybody! My older one now says "weeee" on off and on ramps...lol.

Oh, and nice LED bulbs.
Nice! I've gotten a couple laughs from my daughter on a few accelerations. Although, I am still under the 1000k miles (around 960 now), so I haven't given it the full beans. Although, I did go to about 5,500 yesterday and was pretty shocked at how quick it felt. Feels much like my stage 1 oem+ wrx.

I love the LED's! I get compliments on them all the time. One thing I love about them is the instant on/off. No fade in/out like halogens, so when the car turns the headlights or high beams on, there is no stress on the bulbs switching back and forth. Automotive LED's have come a long way in a very short time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMINSIDE View Post
Sub'd, nice work so far.

Can you comment on the DRL brightness vs OEM and if they are significantly dimmer than when you hit the high beams on?
Thanks! Glad to hear you are along for the ride. Should be a fun one.

The LED's definitely are an improvement over stock. I found the fogs to fill in the lower area of the beam pattern much more cleanly than the stock halogens. I also found them to be much wider, so I can see much more on the side of the road.

As for the high beams, it takes some time getting used to the yellow color as opposed to the softer white of the stock bulbs. But I did notice the LED high beams protrude much higher and wider than the stock bulbs. Do they light up the road any farther or more than stock? I would say it's pretty on par with stock. It may be a tad brighter, but it's nothing that is going to make your jaw drop. Either way, I prefer the LED's on the car is it draws much less current and bulb life expectancy is much longer. I'm very happy with the bulbs I chose and would recommend them to anyone.

If you decide to snag a pair, let me know! I will be sure to send SubieLED a message to see if I can get a discount for you guys.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote