juanmedina
Scooby Guru

Member#: 133146
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosie Convert View Post
I can see you have never actually set up one of these boxes! You have to cut power quite a bit longer than that. As the gear is held in by the backcut on the dogs you need to wait on a torque reversal to release them, this is delayed by the wind up in the driveshaft, axles and tyres as they unwind. The resulting effect of the unwind/wind up is an unsettling of the suspension and most likely traction (not an issue on 4eat or any of the boxes listed above)
In reality my sequential only scores in the 2-3 shift as you don't need to go across the gate so effectively you have the same shift 1-2 and 3-4 in a H pattern dog box.

That aside, you don't need to actually lift the front wheels to lose traction, you just need sufficient rear weight transfer to make them light enough that they cant hold the torque going through them, this is either 50% 45% or 33% depending on centre diff type. On my car I need to wait until I'm settled in 4th before I can use full boost due to front wheel slip. (not an issue on 4eat) Thats with an uprated DCCD on full lock, sadly they are designed around 280bhp and poor traction conditions, not locking up an a dragstrip with 4x that power!

The downside to the 4eat is however reliability and I really wouldn't want to use one on the street or road course/circuit race stuff that I also do with the car.
great info
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
juanmedina is offline   Reply With Quote