Member#: 291543
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2004 Hybrid WRX
WRB

Default 04 Tranny

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieSnacks02 View Post
Wow really? That's interesting.. My friend has a 2011 Wrx hatch (stock) and Is on his 4th transmission. Yes he thinks he's a racecar driver. Just treat it right and it will treat you right back. I'm scared **** to blow up my transmission because stronger gears are expensive.

But as long as u take car of it, no hard launches, and slamming gears and ull be fine I think.. I use to do that too but after practice launching so many times, I broke an axle (obviously), and Everytime I slam a gear my transmission has a weird weak feeling in it, which is why I don't do it, but after the car cools down it feels fine again.

Question though, I have a kartboy short shifter on my 02 Wrx installed by previous owner. Yes shorter shifts I know, but will it make the transmission feel any different? Just wondering

Ive honestly never liked short shifters mainly because it would only tempt me to slam gears when racing. Im no guru, but a short shifter shouldnt make the tranmission perform any better, but allow faster shifting between gears. I know its lame, but i granny shift the living ***** out of mine... even if i did have a short shifter, id still granny shift. lol. even though id be tempted to slam.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
tedds22 is offline   Reply With Quote