SubaruFiesta
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 412204
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascho078 View Post
Man, I seriously thought you meant the Canadian province of Ontario, lol.

In Canada, that would be around 20,000KM and a "B" service schedule, is this the same for you?
https://www.subaru.ca/content/7907/m...eposter_en.pdf

it's basically a oil change with a tire rotation ('A' service doesn't require the rotation), and possibly a wheel alignment (but probably not). they also check fluid levels (include the diffs, which for the rear is a bit of a pain) and damage of things like axle boots, etc.

it's rated at 2.3 hours, and for actual items should only be a Oil Filter, Drain Bolt Washer, and Oil (5L or so). ask them which oil they use? possible to source it cheaper, or use better oil

(for example the closest Subaru dealership to me uses Mobil1, and charges $120CAD for a oil change). I can buy the filter for like $11, and the drain bolt washer for like $0.50, the oil would be like $30 for Mobil1, thats $41.50 in parts, plus whats the shop hourly rate?

$219USD would seem reasonable, might be a little more.

btw I laugh at "Inspect and adjust drive belt tension if necessary" lol, as it has a tensioner.

also, if you have a part#24020AG430 engine wiring harness (6 speed Manual, depending when you bought it) get it changed out when they do the service. it'll be covered under warranty (Subaru of America will pay them). it's explained in bulletin "07-146-19"
Thanks for the advice. Good post.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SubaruFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote