Scooby Newbie

Member#: 248752
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STI
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Ritt View Post
Hi Guys,
I wanted to post a link to an article I recently wrote about how to choose street and track brake pads. I know this has always been a popular topic on this forum, and one that creates a lot of confusion.

This is NOT an article promoting a specific brand or brands. It is intended to lay out the thought processes and variables that go into choosing a pad for any street or track condition.

As a representative for some of the top brake manufacturers in the aftermarket for the past 7 years, I’ve had the chance to address this topic in countless conversations with customers online, over the phone, or in person. Until now though, I’ve never had the time to pull my thoughts together and present them in a cohesive manner.

My hope is that this article will prevent some of the repetitive “what are the best brake pads?” questions we’ve all seen a million times. With a fundamental understanding of this topic in hand, we can hopefully elevate future conversations on this topic to a higher, more productive level.

I’d post the article here in its entirety, but it would probably take me 20 posts!

Thanks and enjoy: CLICK HERE TO READ THE ARTICLE
Very informative article. Thanks a bunch. I know that you said that it wasn't promoting any particular brand name but I was wondering if anyone can help out with picking out some brake pads.

I have an 06 WRX STI and I have the original brake pads on the car but they are at the end of their life and need to be replaced but I do not want to spend the 500 dollars that it will cost to get the OEM pads, especially if they are not going to perform as well as some aftermarket brake pads. As of right now I don't take my ride to the track at all as I never have any time so I am really just looking for pads that are good for road driving and the occasional messing around. After reading the article I am not sure which material to go with. I would like good performance but I also don't want to have to clean up a lot of brake dust and I don't want them to be overly noisy. Any suggestions? I would like to stay in the range of no more than $150 for the front and around $100 for the back if possible.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Kreed23 is offline   Reply With Quote