View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 09:44 AM   #15
subaru92584
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 253086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite59487 View Post
Ok cool, thats all I wanted to know...

And their was a reason I bought the automatic, if you really want me to explain it then read on.

The reason I bought the automatic was, at the time it was all they had, my parents can only drive auto and were planning on driving it also but they dont, at the time I bought the car I also was involved in something which has a VERY HIGH percentage of injury to the arms and legs and other parts. The chance of me injuring one of my legs, or one of my arms was very high, and what if I got injured and had a manual, I would not be able to drive to school or anywhere else. If I happend to tear a ligament or sprain an ankle in my left leg I would not be able to drive, but with the auto I would. Those were my reasons at the time, and everything fell into place, but obviously things do change over time.
For the next time you are simultaneously doing something that has a, "VERY HIGH percentage of injury to the arms and legs and other parts,' and deciding automatic or manual, I drove my 06 wrx 3 days out of hospital after a street bike accident.
My left hand had three pins in it and was in a cast up to my elbow and my right foot had two screws in it and was also in a cast half way up to my leg. Even then I was still glad I had bought a wrx with a manual trans. rather than an automatic.
4 months later I got a job and had to commute in 50 minutes of bumper to bumper traffic, it was then when I was wishing I had an auto trans. and was kicking myself in the butt for getting the manual trans.
Each one has its ups and downs.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
subaru92584 is offline   Reply With Quote