View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 10:04 AM   #9
UncleFester
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 488783

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_crazy View Post
As for head work, get a straight edge so you can check for warped heads. I wouldn't think there would be any problems there, but it's wise to check. You may just opt to have a machine shop check it for you. You may have to lightly rough up the head deck surface for when you reinstall new headgaskets. You may consider upgrading the head bolts, maybe even a stud conversion for the street cred... [emoji41]

You may also consider installing ERG and TGV deletes while you have the intake off. I didn't see those listed, unless I glossed over that bit. Having everything apart will make these easier to install.
So as long as the heads are straight, they dont need to be sent off for any work?

I'd like to come away with at least 450hp/tq once tuned again. That's why I'm wondering if I may need some performance head work while they're off.
If the stock turbo can give me 450+ and the stock heads can handle it, that's the best case scenario for me.

*side note,
I also heard about two options for hpfp, one being tested now and one due this month from IBR. This could open the door for full e85 for the FA's.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
UncleFester is offline   Reply With Quote