Thread: ('11-'14) Highest Mileage 2012 Impreza?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #79
vwgti123
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335945
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 Sport Limited
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
Yeah. Mine had a warranty, so all of its failures were covered. But it still cost me a lot of stress, time, inconvenience, and anger. Sold it with 6k miles left on the warranty.

It would be interesting to take a survey of car buyers, like this:

Would your rather buy a:
  • Car that's great to drive but needs to go to the garage every 4 to 6 months for repairs, adjustments, recalls, etc., or a
  • Car that's very good to drive (but not great) that never requires anything more than routine preventive maintenance?

I wonder how that survey would turn out. Because that very question is the key to VW's success.
I have had prob over 20 cars, (get bored quick) and I can honestly say the best car I have ever owned was my 1992 VWGTI 16v. Car was perfectly balanced, no electronics to break, ie roll down windows, sunroof, best handling car IMO and great on gas. That was a simple, well engineered car that was awesome to drive. I had very few issues with that car, but even if I had, I would take that car even with problems. I choose option 1. Man I miss that car

You are correct, People buy European cars because the driving experience can be far superior to Japanese brands IMO. It all comes down to your pocketbook and what you want/need a car for???
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
vwgti123 is offline   Reply With Quote