AWD BRO
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 488722
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2000 2.5rs w/EJ20K
& (now) 3 other GCs

Default Just received my REAL 22B engine block from Japan

This is one of those things I didn't even know I wanted until I found out it was possible to get one.

I 100% blame my coworker Nick for sending the listing of this to me and starting the financial burben this block has only just started causing me.

It was listed for sale as bare case halves, but the seller also had listing for the rods, and bare head casings. I'm really curious to know the story behind the components and why the pistons and cams were missing. But I guess it's one of those things no one will ever know.

Once I looked over the Yahoo auctions listing I sent out an email to Jesse Streeter and the process began.
Sent out the money, he purchased the item then shipped it to me from his Japan office.
It took only 2 DAYS to get here from Osaka.

The entire buying process through him was very smooth and I would definitely recommend him to anyone.

Okay... enough blabbering, here's the goods:

mmmmmmm factory closed deck goodness

Notice the lack of oil squirters

Overall I'm impressed with the cleanliness and good condition of everything.
It's definitely in a usable condition.

One of the halves does have some noticeable surface rust on the cylinder walls but it's nothing a hone can't fix.

The beauty of this block is that it's based off the gen 3 EJ20G, meaning it uses a phase 2 crank opposed to the EJ22T being phase 1.
That means drop in a brand new V8/9 EJ207 crank and run it..no pesky #5 thrust machining needed.

The plan for the engine build right now:
  • Have this block fully reconditioned
  • V8/9 207 crank
  • Forged pistons/rods
  • V8 207 heads (not sure on cams yet)
  • V8 207 for the rest of the exterior accesories
  • Some bigger turbo setup

..and we'll see what happens from there.

If I can actually discipline myself this will be the last non-boby work related thing I buy until the all the body work is complete.

Hopfully body work updates soon...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by AWD BRO; 12-09-2019 at 01:56 PM.
AWD BRO is offline   Reply With Quote