soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Default Soccer05 Bugeye Build Thread

Well I've been lagging a bit, life came along and I haven't had the time to tear into the car. Had some final background interviews for hopefully my soon to be career, which will give me a nice raise in salary for fun stuff, like an upcoming 6 speed swap. Good news teardown of the car is mostly complete, now comes reassembly. It's been a bear trying to arrange the time between work, interviews, and my friends schedules to get an extra set of hands over here to help guide my tranny back in so the front end can be reassembled. So to stay busy I've begun reassembly of the rear end of the car. Dropped the Rear Diff mustache bar to install TIC Race Rear Diff Bushings.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And here is a picture of the mustache bar. This is the last time you will see this flexy rubber back here. If you haven't replaced these bushings yet, I highly recommend the TIC bushings. Easy to replace, and considerably stiffer than the OEM Subary rubber. I was shocked at how much I was able to deflect these with just my bare hands, note the open voids in the bushing making it even easier. I haven't had a chance to press out the oem bushing, so this is where it sits now, awaiting assembly.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote