Scooby Guru

Member#: 140444
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
05 Stage Free LGT
ATP 3076, 6MT, AVO FMIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport View Post
I think some tuners will argue by what method, means and the validity unless they are involved with the testing process themselves.
I would hate to see valid criticism turn into a conflict of personalities, so let me clear something up:

A good test is one that minimizes all variables except one. Just about every test I've seen at NASIOC has not been done that way, including this one. The two pulls being compared in this test did not only have different headers, they also had significantly different AFRs. As such, it is impossible to know how much of the difference was caused by the change of headers, and how much was caused by the change in AFR.

This is not about who took part in the test, this is about what things changed, and what conclusions can be drawn from the results. Unfortunately, two things changed. So all we know for sure is that if you switch headers and run AFR's 10% leaner, you get better results.

So the question remains, what happens if you switch headers and don't change AFR?

"Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself."
- Richard Feynman
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote