Suba_Roo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 5691
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2001 2.5 RS
Silverthorn

So an update.

I got the 225 Federal 595RS-RRs. Mounted them on the 17x7.5 SSR type-c.

We autocrossed on Saturday and Sunday in Fresno. Saturday was the Fresno Autocross school and Sunday was our 1st event of the season. The weather was mixed. Sunny and cold on Saturday. It rained Saturday night, was damp on Sunday morning, but we ran Sunday afternoon in the dry. Asphalt surface, relatively low grip.

Girlfriend driving the car in Novice class

I really had no idea where to start on tire pressure. I was racing SM and my girlfriend (her 1st autocross) was racing novice-SM. I expected that tire pressure would build fast with two drivers, but since she was about 4-seconds off my pace, she might not have been getting that much heat in the tires. I started with a much lower pressure than I would normally, hoping that this would help build heat on a 50* day, but we only gained about 2lbs over starting pressure.

Long story long. The Federals suck compared to Hankook slicks (duh). I preferred my Hankook RS-3s, but I think that I just didn't have the tire pressure's right. The Hankooks, both Z214 and RS-3's really loved hot temps. I'm looking forward to trying the 595s in warm temps.

Overall results were good. I won SM (against weak competition) and my girlfriend drove her face off and came in 4th in Novice based on PAX. She now understands why I think PAX sucks.

The competition (notice, covering eyes, because embarrassed about getting smoked by a 20 year old Japanese car.)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Suba_Roo; 01-31-2020 at 11:31 AM. Reason: fixing images
Suba_Roo is offline   Reply With Quote