Old 05-31-2000, 09:33 AM   #15
Eric
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 48
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
1999 Impretza 2.5
silver

Any ACR vehicle that D/C makes is an 'American Club Racing' version. They have spent years developing these cars and in most cases are a far cry from the regular vehicle. They are lighter, more powerful and come ready to race (practically) out of the box. The Neon ACR is probably the most dominate car there ever has been in Solo2. At the Petersburg ProSolo, I watched in awe as a Neon ACR held its own against a SHELBY SERIES1. You know the ground up Carol Shelby supercar. There are less of those on this planet than there are hours in the day right now. And they cost how much and have how much engineering time in them? A Neon ACR is a small economy car that just happens to kick some serious ass. And if you dont believe me, go ask any Nationally competitive autocrosser. Not every likes them, but you must respect them. Lets see Subaru sell us a car, made specifically for racing, sticker priced below 15K. It's not going to happen, geez, Id be happy with the sunroof and power stuff being optional. And for anyone paying attention, it was a Neon ACR that beat me in Peru, and a Neon RT that I beat in Petersburg (well, I beat that ACR too).

You really must understand that Dodge takes motorsports very seriously. And its not all just drag and NASCAR. I fear the day they launch a WRC campain.

Eric
Silver 99 RS
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.