Back Road Runner
Scooby Guru

Member#: 60082
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 Forester STI
Silver

I'm diggin' the thread, very nice.

I wish I could comment on the tire issue in terms of rubbing. As a Forester owner, the wheel wells are flaired stock to fit tires happily. Unlike the old sedans, a Forester can fit a 245 wide tire without fuss, possibly some 255s, and this also means it can fit tall tires up to the point of rubbing on the lower perch (>27.5") without issue other than a spot here or there on the fender liner. For the sedan folks, you guys may have to roll the fenders to prevent rubbing.

The Grabber AT2 is basically the only off-road truck tire out there that will fit these cars. Another option if you want smaller is winter tires. There are plenty of knobby options if need be. The BFG T/A KO is one of the best off-road truck tires out there, but it's an inch bigger than the Grabber AT2. I know it's been used, but it won't sit under a stock spring perch. If you step to Ground Control's coilover kit, you could cut the stock perch off almost completely (leaving enough to hold the threaded collar) and get away using a taller tire. You may have to trim some of the fender liner both front and back to make it work though. As well, this will limit camber depending on wheel offset and tire width.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Back Road Runner is offline   Reply With Quote