Scooby Newbie

Member#: 331332
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2014 Camry SE V6
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeper View Post
Sure, but someone is going to google Subaru Impreza problems and find a thread with over a thousand posts about the incredible oil consumption problem, and perhaps be dissuaded even though all evidence so far shows it affects less than 1% of the cars.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that Subarus have a reputation for being reliable and rugged and VW's have the exact opposite reputation. The reputations aren't the absolute rule, but they don't come out of thin air either.

The last time I was seriously looking at the Jetta, which admittedly was about 10 years ago, but at the time people were saying it's different now, they're much better. Turns out they weren't. Windows fell into the doors because of cheap plastic clips and ignition coils were bad, and these parts were bad on ALL of the affected year Jettas, 100% of them, not 1%. To make it worse, in the beginning, VW fixed one at a time even though the cars had 4 power windows and 4 ignition coils, add it all up, 8 really good chances for really pain in the ass failures. People say the same thing now, they're much better now. Are they really? Consumer Reports doesn't think so. I guess we'll see.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
nels0300 is offline   Reply With Quote