Scooby Newbie

Member#: 218339
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsti24 View Post
Warning: Not an easy install on 2017+ WRX/STi's due to subaru revised/rewired the door side mirror connector to receive the Blind Spot Monitor function on the mirror lens. I think 2015-2016 Model years should be ok with this mod, just re-pinning only on the mirror side connectors. Next, you need to make room for the JDM mirror switch in the driver side window switch trim.

This is the BSM wiring diagram on the side mirror door harness/connector: You need to rewire the Light green wire/Black wire Pin#2 and #6 (Connector D5/D15) and connect/tap to the door harness/plug pin#25 & #24(D83/D84) respectively. For the driver side plug D84, light green wire(remove from D84 pin#14 and tap/connects to pin#25 (Black with red stripe wire) and the black wire(D15 pin#6), this wire needs to be cut from the mirror plug and ran a new wire through the door harness grommet(PITA) and tap to pin#24 of D84(Blue with red stripe). For passenger side same procedure light green wire re-pin from pin#14(D83) to pin#25 (was left blank from the factory), the black wire(D5 pin#6) same as the driver side, cut and ran a new wire through the door grommet, add a female pin and plug to connector (D83 pin slot#24).

So, found his post on iwsti explaining what wires i need to move and tap into. I was only able to move pin#14(D83 plug) to pin#25 slot and passenger mirror was able to fold close. I was not able to finish up since i ran out of time. So, im guessing it should be wire like this:

Driver side:
-D84 plug
remove pin#14(Light green) and tap into pin#25
-D15 plug
pin#6(Black), cut and run a new wire and tap into pin#24(Blue with red stripe) on D84 plug

Passenger side:
-D83
remove pin#14(Light green) and re pin to pin#25(blank spot from factory)
-D5
pin#6(Black), cut and run new wire and tap into pin#24 on D83 plug

Then the mirrors would be able to fold open and close by pressing the switch on the panel. Hope this sounds correct or hope you can chime in and help out
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
qnzfinestflip is offline   Reply With Quote