Old 05-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #39
cadandcamman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 319267
Vehicle:
2001 Subaru Outback
white/gold

Default Looks nice! Question though....

That looks very nice! I need to try that out! It's true that that these guys are really choked down in several areas. I cut out several of the intruding "fins" in the air box that block air from reaching the other side of the filter. If you look in the entrance to the airbox they are pretty obvious. Between that, the k&n, and the removal of the plastic piece off the underside of the hood blocking the cold air ( I think you talked about this piece), and rolling the turn into the throttle body, the car feels much more alive! I even gave the wife's mazdaspeed 3 a go! (I lost obviously, but she was surprised at the quickness)

I'm hoping to get enough extra low end torque to kinda counter the .738 gear to where i don't have to downshift most of the time. I won't be towing anything long distance. I just have a small boat (gt-150 glastron) and trailer that i use locally and could stay in 4th.

I really love how the car feels like a little 90's japanese pickup and don't want to do anything too drastic to make it boy racerish or anoying to drive. I am really enjoying the benefits of small and/or cheap changes though.

I'm basically just looking to you for a update on how you're liking the setup after 5 months. As long as you still generally like it, then it's my ticket to a more reasonable average mpg.

Thank you greatly!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cadandcamman is offline   Reply With Quote