View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 12:25 AM   #3
bobsagator
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 457569
Vehicle:
2004 Baja Turbo MT

Still poking around trying to find something that fits. According to THIS POST the 2005 and 2009 STi struts fit. Looking at KYB data the 2003 Baja strut lengths are 20.96" front and 17.75" rear and the 2005 STi strut lengths are 19.84" and 16.25". That looks like 1" drop in front and 1.5" drop in rear. So this would be in addition to the 1" drop considering I have a 2006. Am I looking at this right or is there a flaw somewhere?

I can't find lengths for a 2009 STi so if anyone has info I'd appreciate it. Also can't find any stock height springs to avoid even more drop. Or should I actually be looking for lifting springs to counteract the excessive drop? I think the 1" to 2" drop is where I want to be to save axles and avoid rubbing.

I'm starting to think that I'm overcomplicating this. I know the '00-'04 Legacy wagon struts will give the 1" drop with stock springs but its hard for me to consider it a suspension upgrade if using stock springs. There has to be some magic combination to drop and get stiffer springs, and I would love adjustable struts too.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bobsagator is offline   Reply With Quote