Old 10-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #17
MissVenezuela85
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 225846
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2010 WRX Hatch..
White

Six years ago, I was working part time and going to school full time. This is when Subaru crash landed into my life by way of my now husband, Adam. Adam had (still has) a 2004 red WRX wagon. I never was the type of girl to judge a guy on his car, but Adam's car looked really different--in a good way of course.
That summer, Adam and I spent every second together. I also thoroughly enjoyed the rides in the fast little red stick shift wagon. When Adam returned to college, I got to visit him a few times. He would give me rides around town and one time he merged on the highway and showed me what his wagon could do. I was sold. I loved that car!
In spring of 2005, I was taking a documentary photography class. We had to submit a proposal for our documentary photography project. When my teacher turned to me and asked what the theme of my project would be, I quickly responded, "The car club! They are Subaru owners and I want to document them!" At this point, I still didn't know much more about Subaru or the car club, but I wanted to find out. Adam attended various Subaru car clubs in the DC/Virginia area and I wanted to go and see what they were about.
The first car club meet I attended was for DCAWD in Springfield, VA. They had lots of WRXs and STIs. I was super nervous, but the guys were thrilled that someone outside the club was as interested in them and their cars as they were. I attended several local meets and snapped hundreds of images. By the end of the year, I was able to display my Subaru images in one of the University's galleries. I was so proud.
During the Spring and Summer of 2005, I learned more about cars, in particular, WRXs and STIs. I wanted a 2005 White STI with the WRX wing so badly. I kept that in the back of my mind for years to come.

In October 2009, Sno Kone came into my life. Sno Kone is a 2010 Pearl White WRX hatch. I was working a better job and finally could afford to buy my very first car. It took me a while to find the car I wanted in the exact color I wanted. As I mentioned earlier, I wanted a 2005 White STI, well that didn't happen simply because I wanted a new car, fresh off the lot. I looked at various local dealerships and the white 2010 hatches were flying off the lots before I could even say WRX. Finally, I found what I was looking for at a dealership that was about an hour and twenty minutes away. When Saturday finally came, we happily drove up to Annapolis Maryland to pick up Sno Kone.
Since then, I have done mainly exterior moifications to my car. I don't race her at all, she is my "look pretty, go fast" car. I had plans to do engine and suspension mods but I quit my job last year to start my own business and since then all of my fund have been re-directed. I love driving my car. Since I am a wedding photographer, she makes a great conversation starter during the groomsmen portraits

Mods:

SPT Catback Exhaust.

Exterior:
Red Rally Armour Mudflaps
ENKEI EDR9
JNA Performance Front Lip
Red Tinted Tail Lights
Window Tints
Red Hella Supertones
White Sports Grill with Red Vinyl on the bottom
SubieGirls, DCAWD, MAIC, Scoobies For Boobies, IAG, Illest and Miss Rally Piggie Vinyl

Interior:
Shifter and e-brake boots with red stitching
Kartboy Front Shifter Bushings
Kartboy Short Shifter
IXIZ Clutch Travel Shortener

Drunky (Monkey who hangs upside down from the rear passenger side "oh ****" handles).

My travel buddy... Drunky the monkey

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by MissVenezuela85; 10-10-2011 at 04:04 PM.
MissVenezuela85 is offline   Reply With Quote