Scooby Newbie

Member#: 232808
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2017 WRX Base
Do you even vape brah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMunroe View Post
We tapped into the turn signal grey that we verified as the blinker with a volt meter.
This project turned into quite an ordeal for me as well. As far as the turn signal, and I have a base model so this may be different, but the wires going to the factory turn signals are blue and black, not grey. I know you said you confirmed the gray wire was turn, but it might be worth rechecking. (I thought a little more about this, and the blue and black wires are just the pigtail going to the bulb housing. The wire feeding the pigtail might be a different color. I'll try to check on that.)

The DRL harness eliminates the factory DRL and sends the signal to the LED driver (red wire) and is supposed to brighten the C light. Just clarifying because by your post it seemed like you were still expecting to have halogen DRL. Also, with this DRL harness, the high beams will not function while the car is off. This is true for my installation anyway.

I ended up ditching all of the T-Tap connectors. They work sometimes, but often when you route or bend the wires, they lose connection. I just soldered everything.

edit: Another thing to check is the connections to the resistors on the DRL harness. The wires are short and it forces the connection to the resistor to be at a 90 degree angle or less. I had to solder one of them.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by themullet; 02-22-2017 at 01:45 PM.
themullet is offline   Reply With Quote