Old 01-15-2019, 01:28 PM   #1
DexteRS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 286580
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Sedan
DGM

Default Legacy Performance and it's Competition?

Hi Subaru people,

I used to be deeply invested in Subaru, but I've been feeling disenfranchised as I'm looking for my next car at the age of 30. As a previous owner of an 08 2.5i, i'm looking for a step up in quality, both on the interior, ride quality, and noise, but also want a fun car.

I wish Legacy would fit (ideally slightly used) but I've just found subaru's cvt to be pretty disappointing, the handling is notoriously disconnected and steering is numb, and the materials in the console and in the car just seem to be cheaper everywhere than competitors. I also am not a fan of the laggy infotainment(but this was based on a 2014 so maybe that is improved?).

So, I'm looking for NASIOC type people's suggestions in this space. I still want to consider a legacy GT or 3.6R, but they're extremely rare in the used market, and there's not anything i can do about the poor steering feel and cvt.

Ultimately, are there recommended competitors i should look at? Can i get a legacy 2.5i and mod it effectively with better power and handling? (i know my 08 2.5i offered little for enhancement other than handling, but i'm not familiar with the newer engines capability)

Just feeling a little lost. German cars seem too expensive to maintain and they seem to be the only ones doing it right. I'm curious what Subaru minded people lean towards in this space. I just don't think Subaru is getting the legacy in the right space for this segment.

Edit: I should mention, so far the best i've found is the Infiniti Q50 3.0T AWD. It appears i might be able to get one near my $22,000 pricepoint, great power and features for the money. But the drive by wire(completely disconnected steering), and the horribly outdated infotainment are the major issues, as well as reliability reports and the fact that I'm pushing on my budget a little too hard I think.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by DexteRS; 01-15-2019 at 01:41 PM.
DexteRS is offline   Reply With Quote