Scooby Newbie

Member#: 286580
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Sedan
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
$22k should get you a 1 year old Legacy Limited. It's what we paid for our 1 year old one over the summer. If you're basing your impressions on an 08 Legacy, you might as well base them on an 81 Toyota Starlet. Having owned an 08 Legacy GT Limited as well as an 08 Outback base and now we have a 17 Legacy Limited, they are quite good. If you want small car, nimble handling, then you should be looking at a smaller car. Overall, Limited versions of all subarus are quieter, feel much more solid and seem better put together than permiums and base models (I've owned limiteds in Outback, Legacy, WRX and crosstrek and premiums in Outback, impreza and base outback).

If you're looking for a mod monster, a Legacy isn't for you. Stick with a WRX or STi or some other brand. I tend to buy a car and just drive it.
Hi Jack! Thanks for your input. I agree 22k gets me into a new limited legacy fairly easily, but only the 2.5i. I am looking for an increase in size, and it's not that I WANT to mod it, but the new 2.5i is just too slow for me, combined with the disconnected steering and a slow cvt, I'm just not seeing the heart the Subaru once had put into this design. These feel like they're designed to sell to the masses. So, I was considering some modding to bring it up to par. The WRX is a little small and the latest designs have yet to grow on me, but even more so, these damn cars don't depreciate and they're just not in my price range :/.

When sitting in the 2019 Legacy at the auto show, materials and layout just wasn't quite as nice as say, the Kia Optima, Nissan Maxima, or any VW, and even further from your entry level luxury sedans.

Subaru feels like it is literally making the 2011 Mediocrity as their new legacy line, and it bums me out.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DexteRS is offline   Reply With Quote