Scooby Newbie

Member#: 286580
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Sedan
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrass View Post
Yeah, once you learn to drive and love to drive a good NA car, stoplight wars have zero appeal. It's all about the handling, baby.

My BRZ taught me how to drive. Once I get going with the WRX, that boost gauge is usually reading vacuum but I'm flying down the backroads, dabbing throttle where necessary, but mostly covering clutch to downshift in lieu of braking to bleed off speed where necessary, and keeping eyes fixed on conditions ahead with two hands gripped to the wheel.

Driving any car fast is less about lead content in one's right foot than about conservation of the car's momentum (and keeping it conserved along a desired vector).

The CX-5 could handle like that, just with higher CG. It's what so seriously impressed me. A little mini SUV that could carve corners? Amazing and scary at the same time, and it was NA, not a turbo model.
I'm not really too interested in stop light wars, I'm not an aggressive driver by any means and usually trying to get a high score on my mpg meter. But I want power when I need it/want it, the 2.5i legacy is sluggish at best. I'm not a fan of needing an airstrip to get up to highway speeds. So it's not that I plan on racing around, but would like the power to be there. the 3.6R and legacy gt are even just so-so in power, but it's enough at least. Just wish the whole package was there
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DexteRS is offline   Reply With Quote