Scooby Newbie

Member#: 494082
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2003 wrx
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmelValleyWRX View Post
22 psi on what turbo? with a huge turbo that spools at 6500rpm you could make 300whp on 5psi. i dont think a vf will do 22psi to redline very efficiently. VE of the engine/turbo has alot to do with how much power you can make on X.Xpsi of boot. i blended my ports, put on GS cross pipe, up pipe, EWG and added AVCS heads and make alot more power on less boost than a stock motor. about 280whp on wastegate spring. 15psi tapering to around 14.
4G63 is super efficient and makes lots of power with only a few degrees of timing.

true , but the ej's are an efficient engine also if put together right arent they? i understand that little things can make a big difference and thats why i put the post up. The ej is a new platform for me so if theres more parts that should be added i am willing to do so, i just dont want a big laggy turbo and massive injectors to make the power i am after id be happy with anything 300hp or above but am not trying to hit 400hp by any means...and by no means do i want nor plan on running 22psi maybe 18psi sure but i am not normally one to rely on my turbo to make all my power.....
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
freshazphuk is offline   Reply With Quote