View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 01:24 PM   #180
Shinka
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 396466

Quote:
Originally Posted by n7slc View Post
Heat is definitely a killer. Not sure about the warranty. You’d think SOA would be fine with someone trying to protect the equipment by keeping temps lower. Mine is a rebuilt so no factory warranty anyway.
Like I mentioned, it's an option, depends on how you drive it and the climate of your location...if you drive like an idiot, nothing will last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanwithahat View Post
For those of you that know this transmission... It's the same one in the Legacy with the 3.6, right?

I turned 78k miles this weekend, still haven't had issue. I don't exactly race it, as it sees a lot of highway miles, but sometimes I do pretend it's the same as my dearly missed '04 STI... Will keep you all updated, I intend to take this well past 100k
No, they are not the same...they are both CVTs, but not the same transmission...do a bit more research before you jump in...

As for as the cvt fluid goes, just change it when you do the diffs...there's no such thing as lifetime fluid...dude, you got metal rubbing metal inside the trans...it's simple logic, not rocket science...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Shinka is offline   Reply With Quote