Old 06-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #129
od_man99
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 283189

Painted the interior with Plastic Paint after light sanding

Sound Reduction

Put New Carpet and Shifter boot

Trunk Carpet

The Quality of the Carpet is very very good. I like the product, looks like it's built to last. Now I need mats.

Then the oddest thing happened. We burped the radiator, Made sure no air was in the system and the car still overheated (went a bit over the center line). It seemed to dump all the rad fluid into the overflow tank.

This morning we went to Canadian Tire and got a new thermostat. Tested it to make sure it wasn't DOA and put it on. Result? Nothing more of the same.

Yes, I emptied out the rad twice. Once to check the Termostat and another time to flush it and make sure nothing was in the lines. Yet the car still pushed all the fluid into the overflow tank. We decided to check if the fans were working. The passenger one wasn't (it turns on for 10 secs and turns off). The driver one works normally.

I called swapshop and the motor being under warranty they asked me to ship the car over, so tomorrow morning I'm going to tow it with CAA.

I think it might be the head gaskets, but there are no symptoms of gasket failure. No white smoke, no milky stuff on the oil dipstick...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
od_man99 is offline   Reply With Quote