Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (7)

Member#: 211842
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
Lots of different
vehicles

Default FS/FT: 1993 Impreza Sedan in IL $1500 obo

Okay, as I need money to get something I can carry stuff with I need to sell my 1993 Subaru Impreza L+ Sedan. It has right around 150,500 miles on it. 1.8L EJ18 engine and a 4 speed automatic. It's the FWD version. Power windows, locks, and mirrors. Cold a/c and hot heat.

I'll give you the negatives first and get that out of the way... the axle seals seep a bit of nice smelly gear oil on the exhaust, the carpet/cloth cover behind the rear seat where the speakers are is missing, I am not good at painting so it doesn't look the best (but at least now it's black instead of awful maroon), there is some rust on the rear wheel well and rear corners of the rockers, and the driver's seat is worn out on the thigh bolster near the door. Oh yeah, I added all the cruise control stuff and the cruise isn't working. Haven't figured out why yet. It was originally not equipped with cruise control though.

On the other hand, as I wanted it to be reliable so I put a lot of new parts in it. The spark plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, air filter, rear struts, timing belt, timing belt idlers/sprockets, cam seals, crank seal, water pump, rear speakers, accessory belts, oil pressure switch, pcv valve, and valve cover gaskets are all new. The brakes were new right before I got the car. I put in a Pioneer CD/MP3 radio with a remote control as well so I could enjoy some music. Everything works flawlessly and properly. The a/c is ice cold! Drives down the road straight and doesn't shimmy or shake. Also included is a set of brand new front struts, I just haven't had the resources to change them out and the ones on the car aren't all that bad yet.

This car runs perfect and will last a long time. It's just not a station wagon or minivan so it doesn't suit my purposes. Since I'm trying to get out of debt and sell my Forester as well I need another station wagon type car so what I was thinking is that I'd trade this one for an Impreza wagon or a Legacy wagon. Not really picky except for five important things... Must have cold a/c, Must have a 5 speed, Must be as reliable as this car, Must have a driver's side airbag if not both sides, Must not be falling apart. I'm not picky about options but power windows would be nice. Color doesn't matter. Interior can be either leather or cloth, I don't care. Oh yeah, I'd like to avoid the 2.5L and stick with the 2.2L or 1.8L.

If you don't have or want to trade me a car, I'll start off at $1500 OBO. Please give me a call or text me at 815 980-8960 if you have any questions whatsoever.

If it won't sell for anything reasonable I'll keep driving it till it falls apart. Also, the rims on the car are from a Plymouth Sundance Duster and do NOT go with the car. A set of rims from a 1993 Toyota Celical GT and the original steel wheel 13" rims will go with the car unless you want to trade me a car and then if you want we can swap the rims between them.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Dodge Aries K is offline   Reply With Quote