Scooby Newbie

Member#: 93577
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
98 Impreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH8991 View Post
My 2 cents, for what it's worth

I have a Group A crank pulley on my 2.5i 4EAT, cost me $100, was easy to install (used a strap wrench to get the original pulley off, no problems).

Performance improvement? On acceleration, maybe it revs a little more readily,maybe that's just wishful thinking.
But the big difference is decelaration, the car behaves more like a manual, it actually engine brakes now, i don't have to worry about lifting off and continuing on to rear end the car in front, and i can increase the amount of engine braking by downshifting using the 'Sports Shift'.

For me, worth every penny for an easy mod.

Cheers.
Eh, this.

I got a pretty good deal for mine (like 70 bucks) on eBay if I remember correctly. Installation was as easy as doing the drive belts. I just jammed a screw driver in the inspection hole at the back of the engine and everything came off fine. Although admittedly, the inspection cover was a pain in the ass to get back on. I also did this for the most part after the sun set.

Again, it maybe looks like it accelerates a little faster (based on the tachometer). I didn't notice a change in engine braking at least... I'll try downshifting a couple times to see if I notice anything different though.

Edit: Engine braking might be affected about as much as accelerating...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by renyo; 02-01-2011 at 01:22 PM.
renyo is offline   Reply With Quote