Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 336058
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
19 WRX
CBS

Default 2015+ WRX Mach V Springs

This is my review of the 2015+ WRX Mach V springs. I’m making this review to help anybody who is looking for a good quality spring with a mild drop that does not sacrifice ride quality. Before installing these springs, I was using the Swift Spec R springs. Below are the spring rates to compare and will give an understanding of why I may review these springs the way I do. Sorry for the low quality cell picture but it gives an idea of how these will sit initially.

Spring rates:
Stock: 324F/291R - 0 Drop
Swift Spec R: 335F/402R - 1in Drop
Mach V: 360F/310R - 3/4in Drop

https://i.imgur.com/ARXtwYZ.jpg

Initial impressions:
When I first got the car back and started driving, it was a relief. With the Spec R springs, it was a little rough with all kinds of bumps and imperfections on the road. I would feel all kinds of jolting and bouncing. I thought they would get better after settling but they did not. After a few months, I did not enjoy the ride and neither did my girlfriend. I began looking for something a little softer for these Jersey roads. I looked at RCE blacks and yellows for a while and researched as much as I could on whether they would be better or I would just be feeling the same harshness. Then I began looking into the Mach V springs. There’s not much as far as user reviews on them but Mach V has provided a thread on some of their products and there’s a little info on these springs. I decided to pull the trigger of them and I could not be happier at this point. These springs are definitely quieter than the ones I had before. The harshness is reduced significantly. I would say these are fairly similar to stock feeling on the road. As far as the ride drop it still has a nice mild drop compared to the Swifts as seen in the pictures above. I will update more on the ride if anything changes to the drop or harshness. Again, I cannot speak enough to how impressed I am with these springs on stock struts. I would strongly consider Mach V if you’re in the market for more springs.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
wrx2412 is offline   Reply With Quote