Scooby Guru

Member#: 88501
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatch
Dark Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by makofoto View Post
A couple of nights ago I spent the evening with a number of amateur SCCA and NASA road racer, plus the SCION factory driver that won the NASA National Championship for his class last year. He spends a lot of time testing at Button Willow ... which he claims is the only really decent road course in Southern CA. All of the tracks here see a lot of Track Day type events. They remarked that it seems like almost every track day sees one fairly major accident. Fairly recently a STI went off at one of the fastest parts of Button Willow. It was completely balled up. The only thing that saved the driver (a policeman) and his passenger was a full roll cage. How many of you actually install a full roll cage?! This SCION driver has driven STI's and knows that they can be faster then his full on race car. When building up a Track car, it's tempting to put all of ones money into performance parts, but ... Safety First.
THAT frequent? Sheesh. Every group I've been with in Norcal (about 5 different groups) all say they usually don't have incidents. Of those 5, only 1 had an incident while I was attending. Are Norcaler safer drivers than Socalers?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
chimchimm5 is offline   Reply With Quote