Scooby Newbie

Member#: 360640
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2000 Legacy L Wagon
Hunter Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsthatmoo View Post
This is super awesome. Keep up the work. Why not lower the car? Not utilitarian enough? Also, for the people talking about lowering on coils above, there are many options that are direct bolt up for our cars in terms of coils. You just have to get Legacy spec ones. Second, coils are pricey.... why not just struts/springs? This is my car on just KYB Legacy struts and H&R Legacy springs.
Mostly gravel roads in North Dakota. So ground clearance is better all around for me considering the 3 ft+ of snow we get. Rally suspension setups need long travel, usually softer springs rates, and higher dampening. I drive 70% off pavement.

I actually have the GR-2's on all corners now. Good struts for the money. And work decent off road absorbing the bumps.

The problems rally guys have with our BH/BE's is that most rally coilovers on the market are for WRX/STI's which have a different rear setup than us. So we can't just put them on and call it a day. WRX/STI's have a "McPherson" *spelling* setup in all four corners, we have "McPherson" in the front, and a "multipoint" rear setup. Subaru did that to us so we'd have more cargo space because it takes up less space.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Wcfd2509 is offline   Reply With Quote