Scooby Guru

Member#: 15341
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2012 Borderline Pro
Photographer of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05-rsx View Post
Just a select few that I didn't mind from a weekend cruise. Came back through the heavily bushfire effected Kinglake area.

It's not fantastic - with the element diffraction-y thing, and the strange grainyness over the rear car (might actually be reflection on the dash, as it was quickly snapped from inside), but there's something I love about this:

Lighting was far from ideal on these two (nice harsh direct light which make lovely hotspots and sharp-edged shadows), and the 'photoshoot was unintentional (as the others tried to work their GPS's ), so I couldn't reposition the cars

I don't mind this one, but there's something that ****s me, but I can't quite put my finger on it. The front bumper was dirty from rain during the day, which makes it look grainy aswell.
The first shot has a lot of appeal to me for two reasons. 1) You cropped it wide, which is something I personally am not used to doing. I'm used to sticking the the standard 3:2 or 4:3 crop, and thus in my head I don't think about shooting in more of a 16:9 crop instead. It's one of the things I myself want to improve upon. 2) The trees and open road just very inviting for someone who loves to drive. Thus, I like the feel of the photo, but I think that if the glare was gone and there was a little more exposure of the trees and cars, it'd be perfect. With the sun being there though, that was probably going to be impossible.

The scenery is very nice for the middle two, and for not being able to reposition the cars, the composition is very good. As for the last photo, what bugs me the most is the glare off the windshield and the hood. It's an easy fix with a circular polarizer though...that would've let this photo really pop. Overall, good job though!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Verdugo is offline   Reply With Quote