View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #7
xluben
Scooby Guru

Member#: 261612
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Picked up this car as the new project. I spent the last month or so looking for a car that I could build up. Now that I have a 2012 Forest for a daily driver this will be a weekend/project car only. I wanted to start with a cheaper base and had my eye on a Bugeye WRX as my top choice. I wouldn't have minded something newer, but the cost was generally quite a bit more. The slightly lower weight on the Bugeye sedan was also appealing. I was even looking for something with a blown motor or tranny to save money. My search was nationwide. I e-mailed/PM'd/texted many people and looked/drove a few cars.

Eventually I was pointed to this one by a friend. It was semi-local and running. It had a new timing belt, water pump, clutch and heads put in this spring. The interior is clean (even has a single DIN stereo). There are a few mechanical things I need to look into and the exterior has some dents (quite a few in the hood) and a little rust starting on the quarter panels, but overall it was in pretty good shape for a car of this age. And the fact that it was local and running saved me a decent chunk of money by not having to ship it.

The car has virtually no mods. Just the giant eBay hood scoop and the muffler cut off. Surprisingly it's not that loud (for having no muffler at all). No firm plans for the car yet. Still trying to figure that out. I would eventually like to make it fast

Here are some photos:

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote